We know Wedding and Events Tours may sound daunting. So many vendors, venues, and planners! Oh my! You can already see yourself overwhelmed by all the people and things to see. While we’re in the depths of planning out Northlake Wedding & Events Tour (Sunday, November 10th, 2013 http://www.northlakewedding.com/), we thought it’d be helpful to take a step back and give some tips on how to attend a Wedding Tour.
- Research who will be in attendance vs. what you need. If your goal from this tour is to leave with the names and contact info for a particular vendor, save yourself the stress and plan ahead of time who you’ll be looking to talk to. Otherwise, you’ll just be walking around the Tour, overwhelmed.
- Plan on being there all day. Make a day of it. If you’re in the beginning steps of planning your wedding or event, plan on dedicating your whole day to meeting vendors, venues, and planners. This way you’re not on a time constraint and can walk through at your own pace.
- Bring a large bag to store all the information and freebies you will be collecting. Many vendors hand out business cards, information packets, and other goodies during the tour that would be helpful to take home with you.
- Bring a notebook and a pen to mark down vendors or ideas you really like.
- Make sure to wear comfy shoes. Tours are long and often involve a lot of walking. You’re better to be happy and comfortable, than the opposite.
- Print off a sheet of labels with your contact information to hand to vendors and planners which you’d like to keep in contact with. Additionally you can use these contact sheets to enter all the wonderful prize draws. Make sure to include your name, complete mailing address, phone, email & wedding date
- Bring a digital camera to photograph the things you like so you can remember them and share them with your friends when you get home.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions – these are wedding professionals. They are ready and excited to answer all of the questions that you may have. Ask away!
With these tips, you’re sure to have a pleasant and successful wedding tour. Happy touring!!